Monday, 17 January 2011

Initial Ideas

Target Audience

I decided I would target an audience of party goers varying from 16 years - 26. I think this is the majority of people who really enjoy going out and partying. At these ages people begin to really enjoy music and want to know the latest acts and get in there first. So my magazine will be aimed at these people and will give them something which hasn't been done already and can keep them up to date with the latest trends.

The ideal reader

This would be a person of any gender age 20. They would really enjoy nightlife and enjoy clubbing and raving regularly. They are a serious music lover and thoroughly enjoy new music genres and are always wanting to find out more. However there is currently nothing on the shelves which appeals to them. They want to find out what they will be dancing/ moshing to at next weekends parties so they read my magazine to find this out.

Sections/Titles

I have come up with the name Xclusive. I believe it is a short name which can easily be rembered and it tells the reader what we are selling. It represents my magazine being exclusive meaning we are the only one around. There is nothing currently like this. It also relates to the fact that we bring exclusive content so we find the local and not yet famous acts and make people aware of the talent. The masthead will be based around the raving colours being a mix of flouresent pinks, blues and greens. This will really catch the eye and relates to the target market and also covers the theme of clubbing/raving.

Progression of logo:
Xclusive!

When researching i found out that most magazines consist of 4 main sections: News, features, on the cover and reviews. I will incorporate these findings but makes my own sections based around the typical layout.
My groupings idea's so far are:
  • Get to know ( this will be my news based section, showing people who to look out for, last weeks goings on and what to look for next week.)
  • Xclusive! ( This will be the features section including exclusive interview, gig guides and top ten's etc)
  • Coverage ( This section simply covers evrything on the front cover)
  • RaveViews ( This is the reviews section where we find out peoples opinions on different gigs and tell them how things went etc).
The magazine will be based around new genres of music e.g Dubstep, drum and base and anything different to what we see daily. It is becomming increasingly popular amongst young people but there is very little promotional activity going on. In the last year more and more venues are having specialist nights for alternative music lovers. I will represent these new acts by interviewing a new Dubstep band which will include what the genre is all about. I will use fun images to meet the needs of my audience, ones that show the artists in a new light and ensure they appeal to the user.                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment