My magazine is aimed at an audience of 16-24 year olds. When creating my product I didn't want to follow the other magazines which only feature 'in trend' popular artists as i believe this really does not appeal to everyone. Therefore when making my magazine i made sure i targeted the genres which get forgotten about because the mainstream artists are the ones who are constantly in the limelight.
I ensured my magazine was appropriate for all people and i ensured that there were no stereotypical images/ content in this.
When choosing my images i had to think about the age of the target reader. I decided that at this age people are very stereotypical, they read magazines and look up to the people in them and think they are 'perfect'. I decided on using very natural images, i didn't want my artists to match any stereotype, i made sure they were wearing casual clothes which were un labelled and would be what the majority of people would wear. I also made sure i had a combination of different coloured hair which wasn't to extreme. I wanted the product to appeal to the majority and i believed this was the best way to do so. I also believe that people will read it and think they can connect with them as they look similar to people you would see everyday. The make up was also done in a subtle way.
No comments:
Post a Comment